Wednesday, April 3, 2013

White Lace

Just starting a white lace piece for the sheer beauty of it which is appropriate because the stitch pattern is out of Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns book 1. It is the Wave and Shield Pattern.
The yarn is some vintage Bernat Corret which I think was a gift from my parents. It's 95% wool and 5% nylon with a funny stretchiness to it and some nubly texture so this is purely an experiment and we'll see what happens.
Even though this is not the fanciest yarn I own, and even though I don't even wear lace, knitting this was inspired by Barbara Walker who said, "There is something in every human soul which seeks to create a thing of beauty, given any sort of opportunity and materials to do so."
These are the materials I have. And I hope I can create something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment