Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Best Solution for those Beautiful Leftover Scraps of Yarn

Do you have them? I have them. Boy do I have them!  Scraps.  Itty Bitty small scraps of gorgeous pieces of yarn that I seem to be constitutionally unable to throw away.  That beautiful leftover bit of green with the strand of pure silver running through it - that's not going in my garbage!  But what do with with said bits?

I've tried scrap blankets because when they work they are really amazing!  Unfortunately I don't have the stick-to-itiveness to ever finish one and they languish in my UFO bin until I throw them out which is what I didn't want to do with my scraps in the first place.  Plus, what about those really, really, really small bits - like a yard - that you can't throw away.

Enter the wrap bracelet fad of summer 2012!  Here are just a few examples of the fun I've been having with my scraps of yarn.







From iCord to wrapping to crocheted chains; beaded, buttoned, bangled and braided, these are so fun!  Thanks to Pinterest for sharing ideas.  More details on my Ravelry page at http://ravel.me/knitstress/syb.  And still more ideas on my Pinterest DIY Jewelry page at http://pinterest.com/CleaStagnitti/diy-jewelry/.  I'd love to see what you're making!


No comments:

Post a Comment