Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Warm and Cosy

This weekend I made Dolinar by Stephen West out of the very suvvy (that'll be soft and fuzzy mixed together by a toddler) and beautiful Malabrigo Worsted.



Never before a fan of the big sized cowls I had started out making a Honegart with this yarn but the gauge was off yet I liked the fabric I was getting so I didn't want to change needle sizes.  I tried messing with the pattern a little to see if I could get it to work but I was having a spell of many knitting projects gone bad so I ran out of steam.  Next I was on vacation and all I had with me was the Malabrigo and the Stephen West book so I started looking through it.  I decided the yarn might look good as a Dolinar and away I went.

It's an easy knit although I still managed to misread the pattern so my cables are only 2 stitches apart, not 4 stitches apart and I had to fudge a little but I didn't figure it out until I was on the batch of cables so I kept up with it.  It's beautiful anyway and although it is big and I don't see myself wearing it without a pin or button I'm quite sure I will wear it and probably often.

Thanks again Mr. West.

No comments:

Post a Comment