Monday, February 13, 2012

Even More Valentines and a Finished Knit Project

Upon decorating my Valentine Tree I decided to add to the festive mood with an origami valentine garland I saw I Pinterest. Honestly, either Pinterest is the best thing since sliced bread or the worst time suck since internet surfing began.




And I've even got a finished knitting project to share!  It kept me somewhat warm on this frigid, windy night while walking the dog but it's not the warmest set I've made.  However, the washable, angora/wool blend sock yarn is some of the softest yarn imaginable so I know I'll be getting a whole lot of use out of this set.  The hat has been done for a couple of weeks and it's so soft that I can wear it all day without getting the dreaded "itchy-head."  I added an attached i-cord to the edges of the cowl and I'm really happy with how that looks.  I was a little worried that it wouldn't be elastic enough but the angora is so smooth that when I steamed the cowl the edges loosened right up and it goes easily over my head and has a super finished look.
See details on my Ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knitstress/swirl-hat.



No comments:

Post a Comment