Saturday, February 25, 2012

Derailed by the Stash

With a rather large number of WIPs right now I made the mistake, head cold and all, of looking at my stash tonight just before going to bed and all of a sudden 3 oddball skeins of black/grey yarn looked right back out at me and asked their friend red and black to join them and be knit into a lengthwise striped scarf.

Who am I to deny a yarn its destiny?
Here's a crappy picture of the yarn that couldn't wait any longer to be knit even though I have a dumb number of projects started right now anyway.
Check out the beautiful quilt the yarn is laying on. My Mom made it for us. She's amazing.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt. I love quilts and admire people who can make them so beautifully. I finally realized that I was more meant to admire quilts then to take them on myself. I love old quilts in particular! Can't wait to see this scarf knitted up! It will be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and the colors go together really well!! :D

    ReplyDelete