Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crafting, Crafting, Crafting and Knitting

Don't you love the new year, fresh starts, cleaning and organizing?  So far I got my needles organized and put into Ravelry and today I'm cleaning up the last of the holiday decorations and putting the house back in order and it feels great.  That's not to say that I haven't been knitting and crafting at all.  I'm finally getting back to a great pair of vanilla socks that I can't wait to finish so I can wear them.  I started the Gilet-Chocolate vest for my wonderful friend Donna who traded me a winter jacket that her husband had ordered and didn't like and they couldn't return it for the vest.  I love the pattern and it's both fun and quick to knit.
And I'm still stuck on the crafting of Christmassy ornamenty decoration things out of fabric.  In fact, that's what I'd like to do all day today but alas there are bathrooms to scrub and groceries to buy if we're going to eat next week.  Here are a few more pictures.
Another bird.  I particularly love the vintage buttons that hold his wings on.  I've had only 2 of them for years (1999 maybe?) that I picked up in an antique shop in PA just because they were so cool and finally the perfect spot for them presented itself to me.  The question now is, will I be able to give this guy away?

Not the most successful combination of ribbon and fabric because the greens don't really match. Oh well.

Here's my first cork tree.  I'm really happy with the denim and diamonds look of it and the chenille and novelty yarn for garland worked well too.  It was just a scrap of denim left over from cutting out my last tree but I think it's little slant to the left gives it character.  I'll be making more of these. 


These were this year's Christmas Eve advent guys for the kids that I crocheted on a whim that morning.  The hats with trim were fun to make.  If I knew more about crochet I'd give them more stylized hats and a long, pointy, slanted beard for the long faced guy.  I'll just have to keep practicing!








No comments:

Post a Comment