Friday, October 14, 2011

A Family Yarn

I got a beautiful skein of Cascade Eco in the natural oatmeal color for my birthday.  It was a true family gift brought to my parents' house by my Uncle Jon.  He bought it from my aunt's brothers' wife's yarn shop in Virginia.  My parents gave it to me.  I wasn't sure what to make with it but finally decided on the Gilet Chocolate pattern by Christine Rouville.

 This is a very easy pattern and a quick knit.  It's shown in the pattern with a pin to keep it closed but I wanted to add a zipper to make it more stable and a bit cozier.  I also love fleece vests and I thought this might give this pattern a bit of that style.  The zipper was fun to install and the length was just right.  Then I added a little strip in the back to tuck it in just a little.  It's got a more of a square neck than I usually wear but I like it.


And here's a quick little bootie and hat set I made for a coworker having her first baby.  I love how they came out.




Finally, have you check out online sand art at http://thisissand.com/?  When you click on it you'll think the page didn't load because it comes up all grey except for a small square in the upper left corner.  But press your mouse down and sand will start to pour out of the arrow.  Click on the little square in the corner for the very basic instructions as well as a link to the amazing gallery.  Have fun playing with colors and design!

No comments:

Post a Comment