Monday, August 8, 2011

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Yesterday I realized I've got a baby shower coming up at the end of the month and for this family I wanted to do something extra special so I needed to start now, not a day before the shower as I sometimes do.  I can whip up a baby hat and bootees quickly and I love to give that as a gift but when I have the time and foresight my favorite baby pattern is Phazelia's Baby Sweater.  Here's a picture of the one I made for my niece out of sock yarn scraps.
This particular Phazelia is quite colorful but I've seen them more subdued.  Here's what I love about this pattern.


  • Sock Yarn - lightweight and washable and in baby sweater size it's doable
  • One Piece Construction
  • Interesting Construction
  • I-Cord - because I'm an I-Cord phanatic and put I-Cord edgings on everything I can from Baktus 1 and Baktus 2 to my Antipodes.  In fact, I-Cord edging is one of my favorite things! But I digress, (tip of the hat here to Miss Kalendar of the Brass Needles podcast - another of my favorite things).
  • The great way you can play with color.
  • The non-symmetry of it - if you're into that.  You could make it symmetrical if you wanted.
  • The fittability for a baby.  With the tie front it's easy to get onto baby and gives room for growing.


Actually, I was very surprised there weren't 1,000s of projects showing on the pattern page for this sweater.  So get out there folks and make a Phazelia's Baby Sweater for your next baby gift.  You'll be glad you did!


This blog is in no way affiliated with the Phazelia brand and has not been paid to endorse the Phazelia Baby Sweater.  Knit it at your own risk.  Please be aware that knitting can be a highly addictive sport and should be taken up only by those who would like to have fun creating beautiful items in a relaxed manner within a warm and fuzzy community or by themselves, whichever floats your boat.  No socks were harmed in the knitting of this sweater.  All quotes from the Knitstress are valid for 30 days following the date of email transmission. Our company accepts no liability for the content of this blog as my favorite thing might be different after 30 days except that I'll still love this sweater, i-cord, Brass Needles and fresh berries.  (Oh, did I say that out loud? Fresh Berries?)Any views or opinions presented in this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  What company?  I don't know, pick a company, any company, and I don't represent it.

2 comments:

  1. That is, indeed, a cute little sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only knitted one baby sweater in my knitting life. Maybe when I'm ready to have kids? Happy baby shower!

    ReplyDelete