Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yarn Buying with Mom and Dad and a Finished Blankie

The baby blanket is finished although it really is a blankie because it came out so small.  But oh so cute and I'm inordinately proud of my lame crocheted edging.

And then this weekend I went to my folks house on the St. Lawrence River.  In Potsdam, NY there's a wonderful, fun, funky crafty, sci-fi model, yarn, beading, fabric shop called Misty Hollow.  I wish it had been there when I lived there!  The people that work there, and I think they must own it too, are super nice.  The gentleman was knitting a cabled scarf out of Cascade Rustic that he showed me.  It was great! And the woman helped my Mom find all the fabric she wanted.  I splurged on some goodies.

Some Cascade Rustic in a beautiful shade of green intended for a 198 Yards of Heaven (Rav Link) for one of my aunts.  It really does look Rustic and is a wool/linen blend which looks like it's going to be a little rough but it turns out it's incredibly soft!  I can't wait to start.

I got some Plymouth Happy Feet that's such a good price and the colors were so cute I couldn't resist a Baby February Lady sweater for my niece.  I'm also looking forward to starting that and have to mention that after looking on Ravelry at the projects for this yarn I found someone else who had made the BFL sweater out of the same yarn and was able to PM back and forth a little with her and got some great advice.  Don't you love Ravelry!  It never ceases to amaze me how Ravelry and now all the social networking options have enhanced the knitting community.  Here's the cute cute yarn.

And finally I got some very pretty boucle at a great sale for a Gathered Scarf (Ravelry Link) for a friend. I'm going to knit it at a large gauge and hope I have enough for a long enough scarf.  I love knitting scarves and I've had this pattern in mind for a long time.

Then my folks and I had a great dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.

So really, does it get any better than that?





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! Your blankie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete