Monday, March 21, 2011

Sleeves, Sleeves, Sleeves, Hat, Scarf, Pinterest

I, like so many others before me, am in sleeve purgatory.  Knitting, knitting, knitting the never ending sleeves in sock yarn no less.  And this is for my daughter who is growing, growing, growing - which does provide some amount of motivation because the weather turned warm for a few days and all I could think of was that this sweater might not fit her next year so I'd better get going.  To help galvanize myself I sewed together the shoulders of the sweater to make sure that it would, in fact, fit her if I get going.  Maybe it'll fit next fall too.  It's pretty stretchy and she asked for it long so I have high hopes.  That said, I'm trying hard to finish those sleeves, sleeves, sleeves.

I DID finish my Droplet hat and I love it.  It's a tad loose but since it's 100% wool that's probably a plus.  It won't be so itchy.  I haven't done any texture/aran work in a long time and this project was the perfect size to have fun with but it wasn't overwhelming.  I chose it because I had been fangirling over Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature and saw this pattern and noticed that amazingly, shockingly, I actually had a stray skein of the actual yarn actually called for in the actual pattern.  Really, that never happens to me just by chance.  So I had to make it.  And I'm glad I did.  And I do highly recommend the very creative Knitting Nature.

Next I finished the quasi-Noro Striped Scarf for my Aunt.  It came out more narrow than I thought it would and I had more of the black than the variegated so I added a crocheted edging and fringe and I'm very happy with the results.  It's super squishy and warm and yummy.  I'm not sure if I should go ahead and send it off to her or wait until next fall's cold weather.  Of course, I'm not known for getting to the post office to mail things so if I say I'll mail it now maybe it will actually go out by next fall.

Do you think the aforementioned FO's have anything to do with aforementioned unfinished sleeves?  I wonder.

Finally to Pinterest.  I've been enjoying pinning fun knitting to my board although I wish I had more time to play with it.  This is a cloud program that I'm using as a collector of fun ideas of all kinds.  It's a totally simple to use online corkboard that's free and doesn't need a download.  I highly recommend it for sharing fun pictures you come across and browsing fun pictures that others find.  If I was a designer it would be really useful but for me right now it's all fun and games.  You can find me on Pinterest as Clea Stagnitti.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to Pinterest. Pretty cool.

    I know what you mean about sleeve purgatory--I've been there.

    ReplyDelete