I'm making the Swiss Cheese Scarf by Winnie Shih out of some 5 year old laceweight Rowan wool and I am just loving how it's coming out.
You probably can't see the great nubs and texture on the yarn but they're there making this one of the most tactile projects I've worked on in a while. It's lovely boring garter stitch which works well for me right now in my sleep deprived state of mind. The bind offs and cast ons for the holes keep it interesting enough and when it's blocked it'll look even cooler. Here's the Ravelry Link for the pattern. Check out the projects page for it. I think it looks great in varigated yarns too.
So here are the 8 Questions from VoolenvineKnits Blog. I think these things are fun.
1. What's your staple meal (ie. what meal do you cook most often when you can't be bothered to be adventurous) ? Sandwiches. They're my favorite thing to eat anyway. They're completely easy to make. I always have something or other that I put in it if it's cream cheese and jelly, peanut butter and banana, cheese and mustard or egg salad or something even "fancier". And there's very little clean up which is the main reason I can't be bothered to make something adventerous. I also love love pretzels so a couple of pretzels on the side makes it a perfect meal for me.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm already there. I want to be a stay at home Mom. I work part time but next year I need to take a full time job if I can get it so my dream job is almost over but, we do what we have to do. If I get the job I want working with kids in the computer lab at my daughter's school that will be perfect and the next best thing to being a stay at home Mom.
3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)? I'm in the middle of book 2 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan but it's getting a little slow so in the middle of it I read I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak which is FABULOUS. It's a young adult title although a little rough even for young adults in my opinion but it's riveting and very well written. I highly recommend it. Not a book but I also read the New Yorker magazine regularly and really enjoy it.
4. How do you relax? Knitting - of course! Running, lifting, yoga and skiing too.
5. What color are the interior walls of your home? Ours are all white. We've only lived here for 2 years and when we moved in we got the whole place painted white but I love it! Aside from the fact that they get dirty easily they really show off my husbands collection of prints. If there was color on the walls I think it would detract from the artwork. Here's his most recent to go up. (Sorry for the glare. I guess I should have sprung for the glare free glass.)
6. What is your guiltiest pleasure? Well, I already blogged about this. It's the Wendy Williams show - hahahahahahahaha.
7. What time is bedtime and getting up time? Bed about 10:00pm - awake at 5:30am.
8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)? I'm going to say about 3 hours per week. I'd like to read more but I just haven't got the time. There are so many great writers out there! To me it's like reading magazines that are super-targeted to my interests.
Have a great day!