Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trekking and Knitting

Knitters
You know you're a knitter when you start getting up at 5:30 to get a few rows in on that intense project before the rest of the house wakes up.  And yeah!  I have 2 FOs this week, a baby hat and DDs socks but no pics as of yet.  Maybe later today.
Trekkies
You know you're a Trekky when all things in your life reference Trek.  For example, last night I was thinking about a crazy movie that I watched once, the name of which escapes me, where 2 young women were in abusive relationships and got out of them.  It's a black, black comedy with abuse (obviously) and drugs and what not and I usually steer 1,000s of miles clear of those kinds of movies because that stuff upsets me and those movies get into my brain, I thought, just like one of those grubs that got put into Sulu's ear and drove him mad.   Seriously, do you reference Trek in your musings even when you're not even talking to someone else?
You know you're spreading your Trekkiness when your daughter, who is in 1st grade at the time, gets to tell a joke in class one day in school.  "Oh," I said, "what joke did you share?" 
"I told this one," said DD. 
"Why did Captain Kirk go into the ladies room?  He wanted to go where no man had gone before."
Good joke, no?  But sad to say, the other 6 year olds didn't get it.  The teacher thought it was funny though.  Do you think my daughter will bring this up in therapy when she's 23?
Pics later, I hope.  The chillins' are waking up now so I must go play Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. I love that joke! As for getting up at 5:30? Not so much, but I am one to stay up after everybody else is in bed, just for the peace and quiet. I keep hoping the cleaning fairies will show up but they never do. Maybe if I didn't stay up late...

    ReplyDelete