Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not Blogging

I haven't been blogging for a while because I was skiing and knitting.
Lurv the Buttercup t-shirt I'm working on.  Here's the Rav Linky since I can't copy my own picture off Ravelry and I'm too lazy to get up and go to the big computer to write this post and the picture is actually on the big computer.  Maybe I should be uploading to Flickr but I can't get myself to do one more step.
Meanwhile, although I haven't been blogging I talk to the blog in my head.  Hmmm, this would be interesting to write about.  Or that.  Or the other thing.  Whereupon the ideas promptly go out of my head and I keep truckin along.
I've also been going through all my knitting magazines and giving away those that I don't know why I'm keeping.  I've only kept a couple for the articles.  The rest that I'm choosing to keep have a pattern or two or more that I love which would normally give me a huge case of startitis but I love the Buttercup so much that I'm pretty focused.  Up until 2005 or so I'd say Interweave Knits is winning the day but after that Vogue Knitting seems to be coming on strong.  I think it would be fun to choose my favorite magazine of all and if I get time to do that I'll share.  I've been giving the cast-offs to a couple of friends at work who knit and they're enjoying some of the articles if not the patterns.  Cast On magazine and Knitters magazine seem to be not my style at all.  I saved 1 Knit 'N Style for an awesome Berrocco pattern that I'd love to make and wear but it wasn't on Ravelry so I can't queue it.  I tried to queue my favorites but lots of them weren't on there.  Oh well, that's why I'm keeping the mags, right?  I seem to be into colorwork right now.  I know I might like a pattern out of these magazines some time in the future because tastes change, right?  But there are so many patterns coming out all the time that I had to get rid of some of the dead weight.  I'm still going through them so if anyone wants them let me know - I'll mail them to you. 
In other news - bad bad bad bad sad allergy season for DS.  Who wants to keep their child inside all spring in the great weather!  It stinks.  It's very tough at work right now with the kids but there's great support from my higher ups.  I'm also bummed that Caprica is over for the season and as of last night Human Target is over for the season too!  What shall I do?  Any recommendations?
And now I've stayed up way too late.
Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment