Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Babies, I-Cord and Basketball

Projects
It's not done yet but I'm very excited with N's (my 5 year old nephew's) blanket.
It's almost done.  If I had realized how much I could knit with 4 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun I would have made it wider but it got so long that I thought it would look strange if I kept going.  Too long and narrow.  As it stands now I think it's perfect for a 5-10 year old and this way I can make him another when he gets to be a big teenager.  Sorry for the rather crappy picture but the Syracuse game is on and I can't take time away to do anything nicer.  Jared Flood, where are you when I need you?  And how do you do that anyway?  I was thinking about that today.  It's the lighting.  I think an eye for that "just right" lighting is a real talent. 
But the best . . . I-Cord edging.  Why didn't I think of it sooner!  If I had I wouldn't have done the 5 stitch garter edge but it's still great even though it's going to take me as long to do the i-cord as it took me to knit the whole blanket.  That's okay.  Apparently I'm an idiot because I love doing idiot-cord.  It's rhythmic and looks so good that it's worth it to me.
No other projects going on right now but I've got one more week of work and then SPRING BREAK and SKIING for 6 days so I'm already pondering what project to bring and looking up yarn shops in Vermont.  I'm thinking sock yarns.  I've got several sweater amounts that I want to use already so unless I hit some killer sale it'll be sock yarns for me. 

Musings
And I've got a new niece!  My parents were here when we got the news and it made me wonder what it's like to see your family grow into generations.  She's beautiful, of course, and I can't wait to meet her.  New life is just amazing and reminds me to hug my children and count my blessings and wonder at the world we live in.  DD (7yo) is also amazed and keeps repeating, "We have a whole 'nother person in our family now!"

Now if Syracuse can win tonight . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment