Friday, March 12, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Projects
I'm on my way to 72.  Cup cozies that is. 
The kids have done a bunch and some other parents have done a bunch but I'm way over this thing.  I'm behind on my Ravelry Christmas Monthly Make Ahead which are totally my own goals and all things I chose because I want to make them so I'm dying to get on it with it already.  I think if I power through this weekend working on these then I'll be done and I can move on.  I'm gonna be the Little Engine That Could all weekend.  Chug. Chug. Chug.

Musings
Somewhere I heard about guilty pleasures.  I think it was a podcast about books and a literature professor was confessing to enjoying a raunchy romance novel now and then.  But my guilty pleasure is the Wendy Williams show.  It's the greatest, silliest pop culture show ever.  Wendy Williams is a wild, self-possessed . . . NUT!  She's great and funny and totally camp in a not-coy way and does her pop thing with abandon.  So when the kids are gone on play dates late in the late afternoon I sneak in and watch it.  Me, the one who basically doesn't even want a TV and reads science fiction and "Literature," and knits and discusses politics and the meaning of life and how to make the world a better place.  Aw the heck with it . . . let's just watch some Wendy Williams!






But really, if life is getting too serious for you there's no better antidote than Wendy Williams.  Or the Muppets.  Or Monty Python's Flying Circus works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment