Thursday, February 11, 2010

Star Wars and Blue Gatorade

Projects

I'm working away on the blanket for Nick.  I DID change the needles.  They are the same plastic but have a pointier tip and are working so much better.  It's still tough to move the stitches up the needle.  Maybe that's the acrylicness of the Homespun but at least it's a little easier.  If I had a spare $20 I'd got buy some size 15 Addi Turbo's just to see if it would make a difference.  But alas, not this week.  I'm okay with Making Do now that I have the pointy tipped needles.

In other projects I'm planning to wind my yarn into balls for the alpaca v-neck pullover in preparation for the Ravelympics starting tomorrow although I'm going to start New Baby Coffin's sweater first.  But I want to have everything done that I can because a baby sweater and finishing the v-neck in two weeks will be challenging for me.  At least it'll be school vacation so I won't be working and one day my friend and I are planning to not ski and just hang out so hopefully I'll get a lot done.  I'm quite excited for this after thinking I was not going to join in.  There will be a chat for Team Sasquatch (and I'm sure lots of others) during the mass cast-on.  The idea of the mass cast-on is what convinced me to do this in the first place.  I just love the thought of 1,000s of knitters sitting down at the same time for a 3 hour tour  2 week knit.

Finally, I have to pick up all the yarn in the guest room before Saturday evening so our friends can actually sleep there!  I suppose that's okay right now since I need to focus on the Ravelympic projects anyway and looking at my yarn laid out just distracts me.  Playing with yarn is always fun, even if it's cleaning it up.

Musings
Star Wars and blue Gatorade is what my family reverts to in times of illness.  Both my kids are home today with head colds.  It's a beautiful sunny day.  We're sitting on the couch, in the sun, watching Star Wars Episode 4 which we have all seen hundreds of times but it has somehow become the comfort food of any illness.  My daughter is also working on her super cute valentines for tomorrow.  I'm quite sure she'll be back in school tomorrow.  She won't want to miss the Valentine's Day party.  That works out well for me because I'm teaching knitting after school.  (Uh oh, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru just bit the dust.)

Our other comfort in illness is blue Gatorade.  It has to be light blue actually.  It's the only time we drink Gatorade but it makes the kids feel better and gets them to drink lots of fluids.

I'm reading an incredible book about creativity which I think sparked my brain too much because I woke up at 2:15 a.m. to my son's coughing and didn't get back to sleep until well after 4:30 because I was busy thinking up creative ideas for a job I don't even have.  As if that makes any sense.  A longer post about the book will come soon. 

And now, back to the knitting (and Star Wars).

No comments:

Post a Comment