Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lazy Days

Yup, I'm lazy today. Actually a bit under the weather but nothing that won't pass. Still, it's stopped my plans for my rather long list this weekend. I've set myself to get up off the couch at 4:00 and get back in gear. The lack of caffeine in my system today isn't helping. A cup of tea may be in order.
In knitting news I've decided not to do the hats for Nick and Will for Christmas. I'm hating the Star Wars hat. The yarns were a mish mash and maybe it'll block out okay but I'm not digging it so I'm not going to finish it right now. But I started crocheting that cute reindeer for Jimmy and if it works out I'll make one for Cassidy too and maybe the nephews also. I also started a pair of hugely (and I do mean huge, size wise) modified pair of slippers for my brother. He's been asking for knitted slippers for years so I don't know why I've never made him a pair. And I just did the Angora Bootees http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/angora-baby-booties for a new baby cousin and loved the construction - double knitting the toe and foot and then doing the bottom of the foot and sewing up the back for the heel. Well, you just have to try it. So I'm cobbing together some sizing ideas and trying a large pair. My brother probably wears an 11 or 12 shoe but the yarn I'm using, Cascade Ecological Wool, is feltable so if they're too big, I'll felt them. If they're too small, they'll fit someone else, especially since, yes, I can felt them. We'll see. If they work out maybe I'll do pairs for the nephews too, instead of reindeer. It's all up in the air now. Totally flying by the seat of my pants.

So it turns out I'm basically a clean eater. Who knew? I was reading Wendy Knits blog http://wendyknits.net/ and she has embarked on a regimine of clean eating. I'm always interested in nutrition, fitness (I'm interested, I don't really exercise enough) and healthy food so I followed a bunch of her links only to discover that I pretty much follow a clean eating regimine myself. I tried to basically cut out processed foods years ago when I was trying to get rid of partially hydrogenated oils, trans fats and the dreaded high fructose corn syrup. That's most processed foods, I think. And then last June I started getting skeeved out by meat. I'm not a strict vegitarian but meat doesn't appeal to me much for so many personal reasons. Voila - clean eating! There's even a group on Ravelry.

Okay, back to the slippers then back to my L.I.S.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment