Saturday, December 12, 2009

I Can't Believe I Went the Whole Day

Often I say that I can't believe I ate the whole thing, but went the whole day without knitting? Rarely! And during the middle of knit season? Crazy! But that's what happened yesterday. No knitting. Not a stitch. No crochet. Not a stitch. But the family camped out on the floor in front of the Christmas tree last night which meant that I fell asleep early with the kids so now I'm wide awake early and . . . Let the Knitting Begin! Today I'd like to finish a certain gift that's coming out awesomely for a certain possible reader so I'm keeping it stealthy. Then I'm going to do this totally cute hat for my nephew.

And thanks to the Half Assed knitting blog for the great pattern and cute pic. Definitley go check out her blog. http://www.cyn.ca/knit/patterns/brainmonster/.

I'll have to go buy googly eyes but I need tape anyway so no problem. I got juked in the middle of wrapping yesterday when I ran out of tape. It's amazing how long it takes to wrap gifts but I like the bows and bells and whistles and all so it takes me some time.

One last note. Winter has set in with a vengance. It was 19 degrees Farenheit yesterday morning when I took the girl to school. Cold yes, but I was toasty warm in my SSSeptember Hat which I've been waiting impatiently to wear.


The pattern is from Vogue Knitting Winter 2008-2009 and I used a skein of ultra bulky stuff (lost label, of course) that I've had for years. Probably 6 years. I've never been able to figure out what to do with it and now it my warmest, yummiest, funnest, feel like I'm living in Russia and walking across the square in front of an onion domed building hat. Thank heavens I never de-stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment